Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Medium: An Adventure in ESP

Blake's sister was stopped in a store the other day by a medium who felt extremely compelled to talk to her. She let him know her brother died recently, but that was it. He ended up coming over last night so he could deliver Blake's message to us. He did this for free because he felt like it was his duty since Blake came to him and asked him to do it.

I'm not sure how I feel about mediums, but Blake was VERY spiritual and believed in spirits, guardian angels, and an afterlife. He was always telling me about his grandfather, the signs he sent him, and how he watched out for him. The way Blake lit up when he talked about it made me want to believe too. I have always been somewhat spiritual too and Blake definitely brought that side out of me.

Going into last night, I was so nervous. I really don't know why.

My mom had told me a couple weeks ago about how she went to a medium after her best friend died. The medium gave her very specific information about something hidden that she needed her friend's daughter to find. It turned out to be completely true. After hearing that from my mom, a person who I respect above anyone, I was much more open to the idea. I knew it was something I would be interested in exploring down the road, but I wasn't quite sure if I was ready for it yet.

I'm not going to go into any specific details, but basically Blake told me everything I wanted to hear about us, our relationship, and how he is doing now. The medium had no idea how Blake died, but said some very specific things about what was going on with him and his regrets after he reviewed his life. Although a lot of the information was pretty general (things that any girlfriend would want to hear about her boyfriend, her importance in his life, and the difference in connection from any other relationship), there were a couple really specific things that only he and I would've known. When those few things were mentioned, it definitely gave me shivers.

Do I believe Blake was really there last night? Yes. Do I believe that the medium has a special gift that allows him to talk to people who have died? Maybe. Did I feel comforted after he talked to me? Yes.

I think the real important thing is that I answered "yes" to the third question.

Throughout this whole process, I've learned that anything that helps a person feel better is a good thing. If hearing all of those things from a person that didn't even know Blake made me feel at all more confident in their truth, then that's a great thing for my healing process. I can reassure myself a thousand times, and so can his family and friends, but I guess it's really different hearing it from the medium because it felt like it came directly from Blake (regardless of if it really did).

But honestly, all of that stuff did come directly from Blake because he told me it when he was alive.

I think I am now at peace with the whole "soul mate" thing I was questioning a few days ago. Even if I got nothing else out of our adventure in ESP, then that alone would make it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment